There is plenty to do in the area. Here are some popular attractions.
- The Gap Pub - 30 minutes walk from Monalea.
- Knockanree Gardens - Superb gardens, just beside Avoca Mill.
- Tobair Patrick Beach - This beautiful sandy beach has high dunes and a long walk. The beach is about 8km west of Monalea.
- Avoca Town and Mill - A 20 minute drive north, the small town of Avoca hosts the Avoca Handweavers millstore
- Wells House - Visit Wells House for a superb day outing. Open daily, it is a 40 minute drive south from Monalea.
- Kilmacurragh Gardens - The gardens, with restaurant, are a 40 minute drive north of Monalea, via picturesque town of Avoca.
- Mount Usher Gardens - A 30 minute drive north from Monalea. There is an excellent Avoca run restaurant in the gardens.
A 20 minute drive north, the small town of Avoca hosts the Avoca Handweavers millstore
where you can see weavers at work. There is a cafe
Visit Wells House
for a superb day outing. Open daily, it is a 40 minute drive south from Monalea.
Converted Barn and Georgian Farm House